Best Laptops 2016 For College
One of the top contenders for the best laptops in 2016 for college students is the sleek and lightweight MacBook Air. Known for its impressive battery life and fast performance, this laptop is ideal for taking notes in class or working on projects at the library. Its solid-state drive ensures quick boot-up times and smooth multitasking capabilities, while its durable design can withstand the rigors of campus life.
If you’re more inclined towards Windows-based laptops, look no further than the Dell XPS 13. This compact powerhouse boasts a stunning display with minimal bezels, providing an immersive viewing experience during lectures or movie nights with friends. The XPS 13 also offers excellent battery life and strong processing power, making it a reliable companion throughout your academic journey.
Other notable mentions include the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon and the Microsoft Surface Pro 4. The ThinkPad X1 Carbon combines durability with performance, featuring an ergonomic keyboard that’s perfect for long study sessions. On the other hand, if versatility is what you seek, consider the Surface Pro 4 – a hybrid device that functions as both a tablet and a laptop.
Top Picks For College Laptops
When it comes to finding the best laptops for college in 2016, there are a few key factors to consider. As a student, you’ll want a laptop that is not only powerful and efficient, but also portable enough to carry around campus all day. After doing some extensive research and testing, I’ve compiled a list of top picks that meet these criteria.
- MacBook Air: The MacBook Air has long been favored by college students for its sleek design, excellent performance, and impressive battery life. Its lightweight construction makes it easy to slip into your backpack without weighing you down during those long walks across campus. With its fast processors and ample storage space, the MacBook Air is perfect for multitasking and handling demanding tasks like video editing or programming.
- Dell XPS 13: If you prefer Windows-based laptops, the Dell XPS 13 is an excellent choice. This laptop boasts a stunning InfinityEdge display with razor-thin bezels, providing an immersive viewing experience during lectures or study sessions. The XPS 13 also offers great performance thanks to its powerful processor options and solid-state drive (SSD) storage technology.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T460s: Known for their durability and reliability, ThinkPads have gained popularity among college students who value functionality above all else. The ThinkPad T460s combines robust build quality with impressive performance features such as fast processors and ample RAM capacity. Additionally, its ergonomic keyboard ensures comfortable typing during those late-night essay writing sessions.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4: For those who need the versatility of both a laptop and tablet in one device, the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is an ideal choice. With its detachable keyboard and slim form factor, this 2-in-1 device offers flexibility for note-taking in class or using productivity apps on the go.
- HP Spectre x360: If style is a top priority for you, the HP Spectre x360 won’t disappoint. This sleek and elegant laptop features a 360-degree hinge, allowing you to use it in various modes – from traditional laptop to tablet or tent mode. With its powerful performance and long battery life, the Spectre x360 is perfect for students who value both aesthetics and functionality.
One option to consider is the Apple MacBook Pro. Renowned for its exceptional performance, this laptop packs a punch with its Intel Core i5 or i7 processor and ample RAM. Whether you’re editing videos or running resource-intensive programs, the MacBook Pro delivers seamless performance.
If you prefer Windows-based laptops, the Dell XPS 13 is worth checking out. It boasts an Intel Core i7 processor and solid-state drive (SSD), ensuring speedy boot times and smooth operation. With its lightweight design and long battery life, the Dell XPS 13 is perfect for students who are always on the go.
Ample Storage Space For Files And Projects
Ample Storage Space For Large Files
College assignments often involve working with large files such as multimedia presentations or complex software applications. Having a laptop with generous storage capacity allows you to easily store and access these files without worrying about running out of space. Whether it’s video editing projects, graphic design work, or programming code, you’ll have the freedom to save and work on your projects without limitations.
Efficient Organization of Documents And Folders
Staying organized is key when managing multiple courses simultaneously. A laptop with sufficient storage capacity empowers you to create dedicated folders for each subject and neatly organize all your course materials in one place. This way, finding lecture notes, research papers, or assignment drafts becomes a breeze.
In conclusion, after thorough research and analysis, I have identified the best laptops of 2016 for college students. These laptops offer a perfect blend of performance, portability, and affordability to meet the demanding needs of students. Whether you’re a computer science major or an art student, there is a perfect laptop out there for you.
Remember that choosing the right laptop ultimately depends on your specific needs as a college student. Consider factors such as budget constraints, program requirements (if any), portability needs, and personal preferences when making your decision.